Sunday, April 19, 2009

Amazing Movie

I just finished watching the most amazing movie The Courageous Heart Of Irena Sendler, this story is about a Polish Catholic social worker that saves over 2500 Jewish children during WWII. Let me tell you I spend the last 2 hours crying, this young woman had courage to do the right thing amid the atrocities committed by the Nazi's. I try to avoid watching movies like this not because I am indifferent but because it's painful to watch, it hurts to see what people throughout history have had to endure. It makes the meaningless drivel that I complain about seem completely obsolete and ridiculous. On this note if you are looking for a good read you should check out Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, he was a Holocaust survivor who lost his entire family during the war. At times I need these kinds of reminders, the kind that make you stop and look at what is truly important. Have a good night.

No comments: