Thursday, December 30, 2010

A new beginning on the horizon, 2011!

I love new beginnings, I like Mondays (because it is the beginning of the week), I like new days, I like the first day of school, and I like New Year's.  I'm not in any particular rush to speed through life in fact the older I get I am in less of a hurry.  What is so exciting about the New Year, why is it that in some unconscious way we are hurling towards that moment?  At some point as the New Year approaches we will sit and reflect on the past 365 days give or take and take inventory of the wins and losses and when that is done you have a New Year on the horizon.  It is like a collective breath of  fresh air for every single person on the planet, it is really the one do over we can't plan for, the fresh start we all need.  It isn't as if magically we will undo all of our bad habits from the previous year, but emotionally we get to clean house in a big way.   The whole planet is in that same frame of mind, REFLECTION and HOPE.  I'm not one to really think too much about New Year's Resolutions, I figure if I need to make changes then they need to be made immediately not when things settle down or the New Year kicks in but I do love that fresh start.   Humans need a fresh start, that is why we move away, why we change jobs, we end relationships, we start them...all for fresh starts.   The New Year is just a day away and I'm ready, 2010 has been a rough year and it seems a lot of people would agree with me on that.   New Year's is a holiday filled with hope,  that countdown to the last 10 seconds of the previous year, and the second when the New Year begins, it's all quite poetic.  Even if you sleep through the New Year, which I have once or twice in the past, you still wake up with the exciting recognition that a new year is upon you.  With that I wish you a very safe and Happy New Year, and I hope that the new year brings you peace of mind and hope! 

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hey girlie! I am so waiting for 2010 to end! We both need a fresh new start, Amen to that! Here's to wishing you a great year! Hope to see you soon!