Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I couldn't get rid of the crib

I'm not sure what that really means, today when I was cleaning out the garage (read last post) I found it hard to part with my Abby's crib. You know how sometimes despite what you try tell yourself or convince yourself in your heart you know the reason . . . well I know the reason I am not ready to give up on growing my family. I don't dare share that sentiment with my family (Mom, aunts, uncles, etc.)they look at me like I have a horn growing out of my head so I will share it with you my one reader ;-). I don't want to have any more of my own, well that's not entirely true it would be nice to have another child of our own BUT I really want to adopt. I think for our family 3 children of our own is adequate but this whole thing is not that simple, I am not quite done babying my Abigail (she will be 3 in August). I won't get into the many reasons I don't think we are ready I just think we need a little more time. Who knows when the time will be right it may never be, what I do know is that I couldn't get rid of the crib. So I leave you with lyrics that seem to fit:

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry

These lyrics are from the song The Calling by Regina Spektor

No comments: