Sunday, March 16, 2008

Journaling - The good the bad and the ugly!

I have to admit that I have I have a fascination with journaling, when I first started scrapbooking I cringed at the thought of journaling and set it aside to complete at a future date. As my kids got older I felt like the momoents of their lives were slipping away from me, I never wanted to forget how I felt about them at different points in their lives, and just like that journaling became one of the most important elements in my scrapbooking. I will admit there are times when names and dates will suffice, but there are also layouts that convey deep feeling and love for my family, there are even layouts that bring tears to my eyes when I re-read what I have written to my loved ones. So I hope the next time you scrapbook you remember to add some form of journaling and keep in mind it doesn't have to be a long sappy love note, just something real about your feelings towards the subject of your layout.

Still not ready to get down and dirty with your journaling? That's ok, just focus on your title for now, a good title can convey so much about your subject.
1. The tone of your title whether humorous, sincere, serious, fun all tell a little about you ( the designer) and your subject.
2. The title alone can convey the message of the layout, check out Kristi's 4 The Love of Art layout below, not only are the colors awesome and grab your attention, we know her little guy is a total art addict.
3. Don't be afraid to get creative with your title, convey your message creatively.

Happy Scrappin'

1 comment:

Kristi B. said...

I love journaling too! :o)
Sometimes I take out one of my books & look through the layouts with my son. We talk about that day & I remind him of what the page is about. I always read hime the journaling. It's almost like a book all about his family :o) I too get tears in my eyes while reading some of it, sometimes I laugh. Either way, reading my journaling always makes me smile! :o)